An “empty” notification will likely pop-up as the level of your Brother TN-660 ink gets low. That is why it is recommended that you have a spare new toner cartridge, so you will not experience interruptions. However, you can still milk it until its completely empty. Below are the steps on how to make Brother TN660 ink last longer on different Brother printer models. Models: HL-L2300D and HL-L2320D
1. Ensure that the printer is connected to the power source and the front cover is securely closed.
2. Turn on the printer by pressing the power button and see to it that the “Ready” status is on.
3. Switch the machine to “continue printing mode” by quickly pressing the “GO” button 7 times.
4. You will know that the printer is on the Continue Mode when all LEDs blink two times.
5. Continue printing all you can.
6. Turn off the "continue printing mode" by rapidly pressing the “Go” button 7 times and wait again until all LEDs blink a couple of times.
Models: HL-L2305W, HL-L2315DW, HL-L2340D, and HL-L2360DW
1. Navigate to the “General Setup” option and press “Ok.”
2. Go to the “Replace Toner” option.
3. Find the “Continue” option and hit “Go.”
4. You are now all set to milk your toner.
5. To exit from continue printing mode, press the “Stop” option and then the “Go” button.
Models: MFC-L2720DW and MFC-L2740DW
1. Hit “Settings” from the Home Menu.
2. Go to all settings.
3. Select the “General Setup” option.
4. Press “Continue.”
5. You are now ready to milk your toner cartridge until your toner gets empty